Fish-shaped chocolates I specially made for a very dear 100% raw guest. They happilly swam into our stomachs!:)
- 100 g of Raw Cacao Butter
- 8 tablespoons (shallow) of raw Cacao Powder
- 2 tablespoon Lucuma powder
- 4 tablespoons of Agave syrup
- Zest of 2/3 medium-sized organic unwaxed orange** (see below)
- Half a pinch of pink Himalayan salt.
- 1 tablespoon of cacao nibs (for sprinkling) [optional] OR Ground almonds or other nut pieces [optional]
- Pinch of Organic vanilla essence (please use natural and not petroleum-preserved supermarket one) [optional]
- You will also need: Silicone Ice-tray or chocolate moulds:
- Grate cacao butter & melt using a hot “water bath”, being careful not to over heat (place cacao butter into a bowl, place the bowl into a pot of hot pre-boiled water, the butter will melt fairly quickly if you keep whisking it with a fork).
- Add Cacao powder and mix.
- Add the orange essence or zest, salt and mix well.
- Add lucuma, all the other ingredients and the agave and stir.
- Pour into the moulds and sprinkle with cacao nibs or crushed nut pieaces. Place in the refrigerator for 10 minutes or freezer for 5 minutes.
** Use unwaxed fruit only! New Zealand and Australia do not really wax fruit when in season – all imported USA lemons ARE WAXED! If in colder parts of Europe and North America – read on: If the label doesn’t say that it’s “unwaxed”, it is waxed with artificial sealants! In the UK and Ireland: Tesco sell “unwaxed lemons” or else buy organic lemons and oranges. Otherwise organic market stalls will sell you some. OR this is less raw, but you only need a few drops, use: Natural Orange Essence.
Final Note: The whole process takes longer to read than to make – it will take you about 10 minutes. Freeze it for quickest results. Press on back of each individual silicone shape to pop your chocolate out onto a plate. Optional: decorate by sprinkling cacao powder over your chocolates (like in the main picture above). And Enjoy! :)